TPO-17 C2 Reschedule part-time job in campus dining hall

TPO-17 C2 Reschedule part-time job in campus dining hall

第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a food service manager.
听一段学生和餐饮服务经理之间的对话
第 2 段
1.Excuse me, Mrs. Hanson. My name is John, John Grant.
不好意思,打搅了,汉森夫人。我叫约翰,约翰?格兰特。
2.I work as a waiter in the campus dining hall, in the faculty dining room.
我在学校餐厅教职工窗口上班,当服务员。

dine vi. 进餐,用餐 dining

第 3 段
1.What can I do for you, John?
我能帮你做些什么呢?约翰
第 4 段
1.Well, I work week nights, except for Friday.
嗯,我在除周五外每周的晚上上班。
2.I was wondering if I could switch from working the dinner service to working at lunch.
我一直在考虑我是否能够把班次从晚餐调整到午餐。
第 5 段
1.That's going to be a problem.
这恐怕有问题。
2.I am afraid we don't have any openings at lunch time.
我们午餐时间没有人员空缺了。
3.A lot of students want to work then, so it is really rare for us to have an open spot at that time of day.
很多学生都想在那个时间上班,所以我们很难在那个时间段找到一个空缺。
第 6 段
1.Oh, you see, I have joined this group, the University Jazz Band, and the band's practice time is right around dinner time.
哦,您想吧!我参加了学校爵士乐队,乐队的排演时间恰好在晚餐饭点附近,
2.You know, it is so hard to get into this group, I must have auditioned like ten times since I have been at the school, so I am...
您也知道,要加入这个乐队是很困难的,从入校开始我必须参加差不多十次试音,所以我想…

中心句是"it is so hard to get into this group"

3.Anyway, so I was really hoping to have the dinner hour free so I can go to practice.
不管怎样,我真的希望我晚餐时能够有空参加排练。
第 7 段
1.Well, we do have other open times, like breakfast.
嗯,我们确实有些时间有空位,比如早餐。
第 8 段
1.Uh, that won't work, I am sorry.
嗯,那个时间也不行,真抱歉!
2.I mean that, I can't work that early. I have this very important music class I got to take, and it is like, first thing in the morning.
我的意思是,我不能那么早来上班。我现在有非常重要的音乐课,这好像是我早上排第一位的事。
第 9 段
1.Well, if you don't mind working in the kitchen, we've got some pretty flexible hours for students doing food-prep work, anything from early morning to late afternoon.
嗯,如果你不介意在厨房里干活的话,我们的备餐员工作时间倒是很灵活,从早到傍晚都没有问题。
第 10 段
1.What's prep work?
备餐员主要干些什么?
第 11 段
1.You prepare food for the cooks. You know, like cutting up vegetables for soup, or cleaning greens for salads.
主要为厨师备办菜料。比如为汤食切蔬菜,或者洗净将要做成萨拉的绿叶菜
第 12 段
1.Oh, that doesn't sound, I mean... Being a waiter, I get to see a lot of the professors, like in a different light, we joke around a little you know.
:嗯,这听起来不??我的意思是,当一个服务员的话,我可以用不用一样的方式和很多教授碰面,比如开开玩笑啊啥的。
2.In the classroom, they always have to be pretty formal, but...
教室里他们只能表现得很正式的样子。不过…
第 13 段
1.Well, the money is no different since we pay students the same amount for any of the jobs here in food service, so it's up to you.
嗯,薪水没有区别;无论学生干的是餐点生产的那个工序,我们都付给一样多的工资,所以这就看你的了。
第 14 段
1.Oh, man, I always thought that sacrificing for my art, well, that'd mean working long hours as a musician for, like, no money.
哦,上帝啊!我总是认为牺牲我的艺术事业就意味着音乐家长时间工作,却没有工资一样。
2.I didn't think it'd mean, peeling carrots.
我没有想到,它也会意味着我要去,去削胡萝卜!
第 15 段
1.Let me see, I am offering you something that has the hours you want, it is right here on campus, and you make as much money as you did being a waiter, quite a sacrifice.
让我想想,我要给你一份满足你时间要求的,在学校的,挣钱和当服务员一样的,端得起架子的工作!
第 16 段
1.I am sorry, I know you are just trying to help, I guess I should look into the food-prep job.
对不起,我知道您尽力帮我了。我想我还是去当备料工吧
第 17 段
1.Ok, then, I'll tell the kitchen manager that you will stop by tomorrow to talk about the job and schedule your hours.
好吧,那稍后我就告诉后厨经理你明天会过来谈新的工作安排和时间。
2.And I will let the dining hall manager know that he needs to find a new waiter for the evening.
我还会告诉大堂经理他需要再招一位晚餐服务员。
第 18 段
1.Oh, ok, I guess that's it. Thanks, Mrs. Hanson.
哦,好的,我想就这样吧!谢谢了,汉森夫人

猜你喜欢

转载自www.cnblogs.com/leihui/p/10284121.html