【英语学习】【Daily English】U01 Greetings / L02 What brings you here?

Word Preparation

  1. take some days off:请几天假
    After all of this is over, I'll take some days off from the work. 等这些都忙完了,我要请几天假。
    Next week, I'm going to take some days off. 下周我要请几天假。
  2. fancy:喜欢
    Do you fancy a drink this evening? 你今晚想去喝点什么吗?
    I didn't fancy swimming in that water. 我可不喜欢在那种水里游泳。
  3. literally around the corner:(离这儿)特别近,就在这附近
    There's a deli literally around the corner. 有家熟食店离这儿特别近。
    The clinic is literally around the corner from our house. 那家诊所就在我家附近。
  4. What brings you here? 什么风把你吹到这儿来啦?
    - Hello, Mary. What brings you here? 嘿,Mary,什么风把你吹到这儿来了?
    - I was just stopping by. 我刚好路过,就顺便来了。
  5. Glad to catch you here. 很高兴能在这儿碰到你。
    Hey Tom. Glad to catch you here. It saves me going to your office to find you this afternoon.
    嘿,Tom,很高兴能在这儿碰到你,省得我今天下午去你办公室了。

    Glad to catch you here, Theo. Maybe we can go for coffee after.
    很高兴能在这儿碰到你,Theo。要不等下去喝杯咖啡?
  6. Would you care for ... (something)? 你愿意来...吗?
    Would you care for a drink first? 你要不要先喝点儿什么?
    Would you care for dinner tomorrow at my house? 你要不要明天来我家吃晚饭? 

Grammar

和老朋友不期而遇,除了“What brings you here?",还可以说:
I never thought I'd see you here. What a coincidence!
Long time no see. It's been a long time since we last met. 

e.g.
- Hey, man. I never thought I'd see you here. 嘿,老兄,没想到能在这儿遇到你。
- Me neither. How are you doing? 我也没想到啊。你怎么样啊?

Hi, Judy. You are here, too. What a coincidence! 嘿,Judy,你也在这儿啊。太巧了!

Long time no see, John. What's up? 好久不见啊,John。最近怎么样?

- It's nice to see you again, Mr. Watson. Watson先生,很高兴我们又见面了。
- Likewise. It's been a long time since we last met. 是啊,我们有日子没见了。

猜你喜欢

转载自blog.csdn.net/qq_43401808/article/details/87253178